Sectopod is an Enemy in XCOM 2.
ADVENT’s advanced technology has yielded a new unmanned threat in XCOM 2, Commander: the Sectopod. It’s an incredibly mobile, bipedal robot that is quite advanced when compared to the initial Sectopods seen in the first war. And, like other robotic units (such as the MEC and Andromedon), it is immune to fire, poison and mental attacks. Psi Operatives, take note!
Dangerous area-of-effect and focused attack capabilities make the Sectopod a formidable foe to all of XCOM. Its Lightning Field attack emits a forceful blast in a circular area surrounding the unit. Its Wrath Cannon is an extremely high-energy weapon that deals damage in a long line, and can penetrate multiple targets, but must be charged first. When you see its emitters charging, run and hide!
The Sectopod is at its most dangerous when in High Stance mode – the Sectopod extends its legs and stands two stories tall, providing improved range and weapon reach. We should also note that buildings won’t necessarily protect you from the Sectopod, as it’s fully capable of simply walking through any obstacle in its path.
- Sectopod Blaster: 10-11 Damage
- High Stance: Can extend its legs to improve range and weapon reach
- Lightning Field: 7-9 Damage, circular blast surrounding itself
- Wrath Cannon: High energy focused beam, can penetrate multiple targets
This is a deadly enemy that can walk through cover and fire multiple times per turn, and no place on the map is safe from them. Bring the EMP Grenade and EMP Bomb and give it its due respect on the battlefield and try and stay clear of its sightlines. When it dies with its legs not extended it explodes doing damage in its immediate radius so be sure to evacuate its vicinity.
- Armor-piercing Rounds and Bluescreen Rounds make short work of this metal monster.
- It's extremely resistant to Hacking and can regain control by the end of your turn. It is advised to shut it down instead.