Codex is an Enemy in XCOM 2.
- Teleport: The Codex teleports himself in a medium range. It only wastes an action, so it can do another action as fire or use the ability "Psi Blackhole".
- Psi Blackhole: The Codex creates a large AOE blackhole that disables soldier's weapons. It lasts 2 turns, and explodes if the Codex dies.
- Clone: The Codex creates a clone on each damage taken. The clone halves the health of the main Codex but also has half of its health.
- Make sure to attack where it hurts. A Ranger with high critical hit chance is a good choice for one shotting it.
- Bluescreen Rounds make short work of it.
- Soldier cannot use their gun in the same turn he/she was caught in the Blackhole, as it requires to move away and reload. However, Rangers can still use their sword, and Grenadiers can still use their Grenade Launcher and Sharpshooters can still use Pistols.