Resources in XCOM 2 are what you gather and use to fund a variety of projects such as constructing Facilities, Engineering Projects and expanding your territory. Resources are tracked as stats in the Avenger and they are listed as follows:
- Power is required to ensure every facility built in the Avenger is operational and can be generated by constructing Power Relays. You need a certain amount of available power to construct new facilities.
- Resistance contacts increase the amount of regions in the world you have access to. They can be gained by building Resistance Comms Facilities.
- This is the amount of Engineers currently on your staff. You gain new Engineers by completing Missions, and can staff them in facilities to provide unique bonuses.
- This is the amount of Scientists currently on your staff. You gain new Scientists by completing Missions, and can staff them in facilities to provide unique bonuses.
- This stat is a count of the amount of Alien Alloys you currently have, which are used to pay for a variety of projects and facilities. You earn Alien Alloys by defeating enemies during Missions.
- This stat is a count of the amount of Elerium Crystals you currently have, which are used to pay for a variety of projects and facilities. You earn Elerium Crystals as rewards from completiing Missions.
- This is your count of Elerium Cores you have which are used to fund Engineering Projects. They can be earned as loot from completing Missions.
- Intel is a secondary resource that you spend to expand to new regions, but it’s also spent at the Black Market to buy various Items.
- Supplies are one of your primary resources and are used to pay for a wide variety of facilities, Research Projects and Engineering Projects. You earn Supplies by completing Missions.
- This is the amount of funding you are receiving from your sources. Income is required to pay the monthly upkeep costs of your constructed facilities.